Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can You Watch the Boys?


I got a call this morning from my sister Mandy saying she was on her way to my house and wanted to know if I could watch her boys while she took care of some unexpected business with their builder. (FYI... for those of you that don't know, Mandy is building a house in my neighborhood.) Of course I was totally excited to see my sweet nephews- I told her I would meet her in the driveway. Hutton and Colton were still in their cute PJ's! I didn't tell Mackenzie they were coming. As she was calmly eating her breakfast, I just creeped in the door holding Colton while Hutton followed behind. Needless to say, she lit up when she saw them. Hutton said (in his typical country twang), "Hey Kenzie, I'm here!" Being the good babysitter that she is, she sprang into action. I spent a lot of time explaining to Mackenzie that Colton did not need to be carried or held in her lap. She definitely does not let him out of her sight. As usual, Hutton enjoyed Jackson's cars and excavator and Colton went after every ball in sight. I hope we get to do a lot more babysitting while Mandy and Chris are building their house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hutton talked about coming over to play with Mackenzie ALL day (I am sure you can imagine)! Thanks again, it made talking construction a bit easier!!