Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Cades Cove Trip (Better Late than Never)


I just remembered that I forgot to post this fun day! A couple of weeks ago, we took the family to the mountains. Jackson and Mackenzie had lots of fun wading in the river after our picnic. They especially loved watching their mommy almost slip and fall in the water every time she took a step! What can I say...my flip flops were slippery.

Afterward, we decided to go around the Cades Cove Loop. They thought it was so much fun. They kept yelling out, "I think I just saw some wildlife!" It was cracking us up. I have never seen them get so excited about seeing a squirrel or bird. Actually, we saw one deer and even a sleeping bear! (We were given the tip about the bear...sure enough, we stopped on the road and saw it a few yards away in the woods.) Jonathan and I vowed to take advantage of the mountains more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the fresh air! I love having a picnic in Cades Cove- we love it just as much as our kids! Good class outing!